Earlier this month I shared a story prompt with you all. I hope it gave some of you some inspiration to start something new, as it did for me.
I wasn’t planning on starting anything new but this is what happened when I sat down to write.
I knew that sound. Dragons. They were flying directly above, their wings beating rhythmically against the wind.
I looked up, the dragon itself was unrecognisable from my spot on the hill.
As it circled over head, I knew landing was imminent.
It’s the beginning of Book 9, Ironheart, which centres around the daughter of Lancelot and Guinevere. Both of whom are dead at this point in the timeline.
I know, I know, for those of you who know anything of the Arthurian Legends, you’ll know that Lancelot and Guinevere never got their happily ever after. But they did have a long lasting affair. This is a play on that. I’m a big fan of what if’s in my novels.
I can’t give too much more away without spoiling it. Other than to say their daughter winds up at the residence of the Lady of the Lake and while there Vivienne being Vivienne meddles in things she has no right to meddle in. A girl’s future. Which brings a tonne of drama and old characters resurface etcetera. I’d been looking for a happily ever after for one of my minor characters, who until recently I thought was going to end up sad and alone, but I think he just might be the fix for Vivienne’s meddling ways.
We’ll see, it’s all subject to change at this point.
Posted in Ella, paranormal, Stacey Jaine McIntosh, The Eldritch Series, Writing
Tagged arthurian legends, daily writing goals, first lines, ideas, opening lines, The Eldritch Series, wip, Writing
Well… it has been a busy week, so I’ll get back into my more informative posts again tomorrow.
For now though, I’m going to share what’s been happening in my world.
1. The job search is still ongoing and as frustrating as ever. If you’ve ever been a stay at home parent you’ll know my frustrations. 12 years out of the workforce means you’re basically unhireable. At least that’s my experience to date.
2. The Twisted II anthology is drawing closer… coming July 13th…
3. I have an interview that I did for The Horror Tree coming soon, as well as more book reviews being finalised and sent off tomorrow.
4. As for my own stories… Nightshade is close to being finished. Which means I’ll be diving back into Sovereign and hopefully getting that finished by July 24th.
5. My Patreon page should be up and running soon. Yes… I know, but I can’t create and publish without a little help. But don’t worry there will be plenty of perks should you choose to become a patron. But more about that later.
That’s all from me.
More tomorrow, when I’m not so exhausted.