Just as all writers have different writers styles, they too have a different writing process.
I, prefer to write at a computer. But I didn’t always use one to write.
I often used notebooks.
In fact, there was a time when I carried a notebook everywhere I went. Just in case I wanted or needed to jot down an idea.
Now, my phone takes the place of a notebook.
But that hasn’t prevented me from collecting notebooks.
So, without further ado… here’s 5 writerly things to buy when you’re a writer!
- Notebooks – I love Typo ones.
- Pens – If I could, I buy up all the purple pens I could find. Alas, I can’t so I console myself with black Papermate Profile ones.
- Book Covers – Because novels need covers. I try not to collect them unless I have a story in mind, but there’s never a time when cover art isn’t pretty to look at.
- Fingerless Gloves – I’ve been drooling over the ones at Storiarts for a while now)
- Coffee (& Chai Tea) – Because I can’t live without coffee… and Chai Tea in winter
Writers, what’s on your list? Share it in the comments below.
If you, like me are an avid reader you’ve probably got a to be read pile that keeps on getting bigger. If you don’t have a to be read pile, I’d love to know your secret to being a more productive reader. I struggle to find enough time to read to get through my pile.
Currently, on my to be read pile I have the following:
(in no particular order)
A Game of Thrones (plus the next two books) by George R R Martin
The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
The Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard
Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier
I have absolutely no excuse as to why they’re still sitting on my bookshelves untouched. It’s probably got something to do with the fact that I do get caught up reading ebooks more than I do paperbacks.
And while I schedule time to write I don’t schedule enough time to read. Sometimes sleep just has to take priority.
I believe the last paperback book I picked up was Rebecca.
But my currently reading pile? Why, that’s a list for another time.
Well, if you enjoyed this blog, drop me a comment with one book on your shelf you haven’t gotten around to reading. I’m always on the lookout for new books to read, even if I haven’t finished reading all the ones I currently own.